I’ve been hearding some questions about migration plans from Lotus to Exchange Server 2007. How can I do that? So.. We can join the Microsoft Transporter Beta in the Microsoft Connect site.
What is the Microsoft Transporter Suite for Lotus Domino?
At the core of the transition from Domino to the Microsoft Collaboration Platform 2007 product lines is the Microsoft Transporter Suite for Lotus Domino. This suite is an integrated set of tools and resources for planning, coexistence and migration, including;
· Application Planning: Application Reports
· Directory Coexistence: *NEW: Directory Connector for Lotus Domino
· Messaging Coexistence: Native SMTP and iCal
· Free/Busy Coexistence: *UPDATED: Free/Busy Connector for Lotus Domino
· Directory Migration: *NEW: Domino account migration to Active Directory
· Mailbox Migration: *NEW: Mailbox migration to Exchange 2007
· Application Migration: *NEW: Application migration to SharePoint 2007
All this functionality is combined into a single management console making it easy to manage. In addition, everything is exposed through a set of PowerShell tasks and objects that will make it extremely easy to automate and script the migration process. This will be a huge benefit for anyone who must perform large migrations or repeat the migration many times.
The Transporter Suite represents a major shift in migration technology that has opened up new scenarios (like directory migration, and ACL migrations) that were not possible earlier. All-in-all this is going to be a great release.
Here are some useful links:
Details about the Transporter on Connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/programdetails.aspx?ProgramDetailsID=1096
Blog of Microsoft Collaboration Platform: http://blogs.technet.com/collabtools/
Article about Microsoft Transporter: https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=3629&SiteID=296